Medicine Innovates features papers of exceptional scientific importance and intelligible to a broad scientific audience. Emphasis is given to all aspects of medicine from basic science to clinical studies. Papers featured in Medicine Innovates must be of high significance in any area of experimental biology, including but not limited to cell biology, molecular biology, neuroscience, immunology, virology and microbiology, cancer, human genetics, systems biology, signaling, and disease mechanisms and therapeutics. Featured papers are assessed primarily on their scientific validity and merit.
Medicine Innovates is highly selective, the invited articles are less than 0.1% of the whole published literature (that is 20 per week chosen by a team of advisers and experts).
Medicine Innovates, is available online to academic, corporate and government institutions worldwide at the click of a mouse, adding speed and visibility to authors’ research papers and contributing significantly to increased citations.
Here are the five qualities we look for when evaluating what to feature:
- Expertise: You don’t have to be well known to be a contributor, but you must know a lot about the subject you’re writing about.
- Evidence: It’s not enough to know your subject deeply — you have to prove it to the reader. Referring to supporting research is one good way to do this; describing relevant examples is another. If you have interesting data, let us know.
- Originality: New ideas in medical research — and one of the primary reasons readers turn to Medicine Innovates. If you’re writing about a well-worn topic, we’ll be looking for a unique argument or insight.
- Usefulness: Medicine Innovates readers come to us not only to stay on top of new developments in medical research, but also to change the way they and their organizations actually do things. If you can explain your thinking so that the reader understands how to apply it in a real situation, that will make it more powerful.
- Writing that’s persuasive and a pleasure to read: Medicine Innovates readers are smart and skeptical and busy. If you don’t capture their interest right away, they will move on to something else.